A while back I called Rod Blum a coward. I stand by that assertion because as the current presidential administration has shown itself to be nothing more than a totalitarian farce masquerading as a modern democracy he has remained silent.
How quiet? Just try and find something that Rod Blum has said about anything that has transpired over the past couple of weeks.
His Twitter account is basically a bunch of motherhood, apple pie, and America content for the right wing set. About the only topical tweet was a comment on the March for Life.
His Facebook page is more of the same minus a recent comment about the nomination of Judge Neil Gorsuch to take the vacant seat on the Supreme Court.
I think it is high time that we up the pressure on the Congressman from the 1st District of Iowa to start answering where he stands on positions taken by the leader of his party—Donald Trump—and actions taken by his party.
I will call his office in Washington D.C. and Cedar Rapids, IA every day until I receive adequate answers to the following questions:
- When will Rod Blum hold a public forum in Cedar Rapids—the largest city in his district—to answer constituent questions?
- Does Rod Blum support the repeal of the Affordable Care Act?
- Does Rod Blum support proposed changes to Medicare?
- Does Rod Blum support proposed changes to Social Security?
- Does Rod Blum support the recent restrictions on entry into the United States put in place by executive order?
- Does Rod Blum support a congressional investigation into the Russian hacking that may have influenced the U.S. electoral process?
- Does Rod Blum support a congressional investigation into Donald Trump’s potential conflicts of interest?
I will provide updates, including the most recent comments from staff and additional questions, on the following linked page.
If you want to make calls yourself use this handy website to assist you. Let me know where your representative stands on these issues.