The following is a list of questions that I have posed to Representative Rod Blum’s offices—who “represents” the 1st District of Iowa—via phone. Updates, including the date of call and any relevant information, will follow the question with the most recent in red:
- When will Rod Blum hold a public forum in Cedar Rapids—the largest city in his district—to answer constituent questions? Update [3/2/2017]: Local office hours are posted for two cities within the district per the congressman’s website. There are still no events or office hours scheduled in Cedar Rapids, Waterloo, or Cedar Falls which are the largest cities in the district. These cities also tend to lean more to the left than the more rural portions of the district. Coincidence? There are rumors of a tele-town hall coming up, but I have seen no details about this potential event. My guess is that the questions will be screened by staffers and be of the softball variety.
- Does Rod Blum support the repeal of the Affordable Care Act?
- Does Rod Blum support proposed changes to Medicare?
- Does Rod Blum support proposed changes to Social Security?
- Does Rod Blum support the recent restrictions on entry into the United States put in place by executive order?
- Does Rod Blum support a congressional investigation into the Russian hacking that may have influenced the U.S. electoral process?
- Does Rod Blum support a congressional investigation into Donald Trump’s potential conflicts of interest?
I intend to add questions as topics arise. Please let me know if you have contacted Rod Blum or any other representative on these issues.